”Smooth, spicy and elegant
- Denomination: DOC
- Variety: Merlot
- Production area: Sorì del Ricchino, Diano d’Alba
- Altitudine and exposure: 350 m. a.s.l.; South-West
- Soil: Calcareous and clayey with sandy veins
IN THE VINEYARD
- Type of growth: Guyot
- Fertilizer: Natural manure, green manure
- Harvest: By hand in 20 kg September/ October
- Average production: 40 hl/ha
IN THE CELLAR
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature with maceration on the skins for 10 days. Malolactic fermentation in wood.
- Aging: 8 months in 500 l French oak tonneau.
- Colour: Bright ruby red with garnet reflections
- Bouquet: Complex with pleasant notes of red ripe fruits and sweetly spiced.
- Taste: Elegant and smooth. The finish is persistent with well-balanced acidity and tannins due to the aging in wood.
EVOLUTION AND FOOF PAIRINGS
- Evolution: 10-12 years
- Food pairings: First courses, red meats, mushrooms and medium-aged cheeses.
Rizieri Società Agricola Semplice
Via San Calocero, 7 - 12055
Diano d’Alba (CN) - Italy
N. REA 277489
Elegant wines from a noble land.