”Spicy and balanced with a smooth acidity
Barbera d’Alba Superiore
- Denomination: DOC
- Variety: Barbera
- Production area: Sorì del Ricchino, Diano d’Alba
- Altitudine and exposure: 350 m a.s.l.; South/South-West
- Soil: Calcareous and clayey witn sandy veins
IN THE VINEYARD
- Type of growth: Guyot
- Fertilizer: Natural manure, green manure
- Harvest: By hand in 20 kg crates; September
- Average production: 55 hl/ha
IN THE CELLAR
- Fermentation: In steinless steel tanks at controlled temperature with maceration on the skins for about 15 days. Malolactic fermentation in wood.
- Aging: 12 months in 25 hl Slavonian oak barrels and 500 l French oak tonneau.
- Colour: Deep purple red
- Bouquet: Seductively feminine. Fruity notes of plum and black cherry, spicy hints of ginger and green pepper.
- Taste: Round and fleshy. The finish is fresh and persistent, with a well-balanced acidity and tannins due to the wood.
EVOLUTION AND FOOD PAIRINGS
- Evolution: 8-10 years
- Food pairings: First courses, braised and stewed red meats, seasoned and blue cheeses.
I Vini di Veronelli
Rizieri Società Agricola Semplice
Via San Calocero, 7 - 12055
Diano d’Alba (CN) - Italy
N. REA 277489
Elegant wines from a noble land.