”Full-bodied and elegant with silky tannins
- Denomination: DOCG
- Variety: Nebbiolo
- Production area: La Morra
- Altitudine and exposure: 300 m a.s.l.; South-East
- Soil: Clayey and slightly calcareous, moderately sandy, rich in manganese and magnesium
IN THE VINEYARD
- Type of growth: Guyot
- Fertilizer: Natural manure, green manure
- Harvest: By hand in 20 kg crates; October
- Average production: 45 hl/ha
IN THE CELLAR
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature with maceration on the skins for about 20 days. Malolactic fermentation in wood.
- Aging: 24 months in 25 hl Slavonian and French oak barrels.
- Colour: Intense garnet red with brick reflections
- Bouquet: Underbrush, sage, wild berries and a whiff of leather.
- Taste: Full-bodied with notes of cinnamon, liquorice, cherries in spirit and raspberry jam. The tannins are silky and very soft.
EVOLUTION AND FOOD PAIRINGS
- Evolution: It expresses its greatness even after 20 or more years.
- Food pairings: Game and red meats, aged hard cheeses, dishes enriched with Alba White Truffle.
5 STAR AWARDS VINITALY
Rizieri Società Agricola Semplice
Via San Calocero, 7 - 12055
Diano d’Alba (CN) - Italy
N. REA 277489
Elegant wines from a noble land.